RVI – New York City 2014
- June 16-22
- RVI’s second tour of New York
- Perform in Times Square, Central Park, and Bryant Park in partnership with Gallant Entertainment Inc, as part of the “Make Music New York” festival
- Participate in an educational marching percussion clinic at the University of Albany
- Tour the Evans Drumhead factory
- Gain the experience of performing in some of the most exciting public venues in the country!
This awesome travel and performance opportunity is one that encompasses precisely what RVI percussion ensemble represents and promises to its members – Professional Performance, World Class Music Education, and Unforgettable Experiences. With that in mind, a major portion of our ability to partner as performers with Gallant Entertainment, Inc., or “Make Music New York” hinges on our ability to behave as if we did this for a living. That means arriving to every gig knowing every note on whatever instrument a performer has been chosen for. A major portion of our audition process therefore will not only be based on attitude or skill, but memorization and professionalism as well.
Auditionees are encouraged to try out for Snare Drum, Tenors, Bass Drum or Cymbals. Anyone interested in auditioning should contact Matt Hoffman via RVIperc@gmail.com, or by using the form on our contact page. Please prepare and memorize the music from A through B in the piece below.
Wal-Mart Shareholders 2014
- June 5,6,7
- RVI’s 4th annual performance for this event
- Perform for thousands of people in a professional setting
- Learn about music business and fundraising
- Form professional connections to one of the largest companies in the world
AUDITION INFO COMING SOON!
PASIC 2014 Competition/Clinic
- November 19-22
- Potential for RVI / U of A’s first clinic performance at PASIC
- Students will perform “Character #2” as part of a clinic on Scottish Rudiments given by Michael Eagle
- An opportunity to experience PASIC from the perspective of performing artists
- RVI’s second appearance in the Small Ensemble Competition